Steel Challenge in Jackson Hole
As you might have noticed on our calendar, we now have a steel challenge on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month! This is a fun match!!!
Guns and Gear
You may bring any IDPA, USPSA or Cowboy Action SASS gun. You must have a safe and high quality holster. Start position is with wrists above shoulders.
You may also use a .22 pistol or rifle with iron sights of optics of your choice. With these guns your starting position is Low Ready
Steel Challenge Course of Fire
There are 8 different stages in this discipline and we will typically set up 3 stages for each evening.
Each stage is 5 shots and will be run 5 times, each time is called a “string.” Because we are kindly folks, your lousiest string will be tossed away, and we will add the remaining 4 strings for your score.
When you come to the firing line, bring an empty gun and enough ammo / magazines for the 5 strings (25 shots).
Entry fee is only $5 per gun, and you are welcome to shoot different guns. In other words, you can use a USPSA race gun, then a cowboy action revolver, then a 22 caliber carbine. Doing this would make your entry fee $15 for the evening.
Safety. We are very strict with safety and we use the IDPA/USPSA protocols.
- When you get out of your car at the JHGC, you may not have a loaded gun.
- Do not load your gun until a Match Director gives you the order.
- Do not handle your gun until you are on the firing line and the range is hot and you are ordered by a Match Director.
- If you have any safety questions, please ask the Match Director before making your move.
- Always keep your guns pointed downrange with no humans forward of the muzzle.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
We want to extend a huge THANK YOU to the Jackson Hole Shooting Sports Foundation for a grant of over $7,000 to buy the steel targets for this match! Also thanks to the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience for the loan of an ATV & Trailer that makes setup and take-down much easier! Also a huge thanks to Mark Roundtree and Scott Grauer for their passion for this sport and their countless hours making this steel challenge series happen!